Updated: Feb 23, 2020
1. Enjoy an early morning swim in sea just 100 meters away finish it off with breakfast on the terrasse.
2. Walk the Sentier Littoral/ coast walk from Villa la Ponote as far as you like; to Plage des Engraviers ( 1hr return ) Port D’ Alon ( 3hrs). Have a swim to cool off and bring your picnic!
3. Visit the 12 th Century village of La Castellet with its magnificent views, old world charm and grand array of artisan shops, boutiques, galleries and restaurants.
4. Take the ferry to the beautiful island of Bendor , 5 mins away , spend a day there on the beach or sail over for an aperitif before dinner , walk the island as you admire the setting sun.
5. Visit the walled medieval town of La Cadiere d’Azur, with its maze of streets , sip coffee in the shade and savour real Provence.
6. Have dinner on the beach when all the sunbathers have gone home for the day and sip your rose in the setting sun, Jacky Pizza delivers to the beach !
7. Market Day , every town has its market day, Bandol is Tuesday, sample at least one market day wherever you choose. Try Aix en Provence its Saturday , shop for bargains but be early! . Known as Paris of the South with its magnificent cathedral and architecture, a university town brimming with life, culture, music and style.
8. Take the train to Marseille, 40 mins only and metro is in same train station, admire the new MUCEM, Fort of St Jean designed by our neighbour Rudy Ricotti (terracotta house at the end of streeet.)
9. If cooking is your thing , induge yourself with a days cookery class Chez Bernard in La Cadiere d’Azur.
10. Hire a boat and sail to 'Ile Vert' , 60 mins away by boat depending on sea, book lunch in advance , and float back…… or take any of the day trips advertised on the port to Porquerolles or visit the Calanques de Cassis.